Schibsted Media combines a long and proud publishing tradition stretching back to the 19th century, with digital innovation and entrepreneurship. Schibsted Media is an independent division that comprises all of Schibsted’s media businesses, including brands such as VG, Aftonbladet, Aftenposten, Svenska Dagbladet, Bergens Tidende, Stavanger Aftenblad, Fædrelandsvennen, and seven local newspapers.
The division also includes Schibsted Growth, which is home to start-ups and growing businesses such as Lendo, Prisjakt, Let’s Deal, Bynk, Fronteer Solutions, and Kickback. Growth is always searching for smart founders with ambitious ideas, scalable business models – and a mission to empower people in their daily lives.
Schibsted Media was established in the autumn of 2017, and the division contains 4000 employees who are based across Norway, Sweden, and Poland.
We are looking for an Android Developer to join the team working on Aftonbladet newspaper apps.
What you will do:
- You will be working in a multi-disciplinary team located both in Krakow and Stockholm
- You will be involved in a full spectrum of mobile engineering
- You will develop and implement features using best practices and tools, document and communicate them
- You will experiment with new solutions but be pragmatic and committed to code optimization, maintainability, and quality
- You will work with product owners and designers to prioritise and hone features
- Excellent, deep experience of Java and the JVM are (of course) necessary – it’s Android!
- Knowledge of Kotlin will be nice to have
- Knowledge of such libraries RxJava, Dagger and Retrofit/OkHttp
- Deep understanding of Android design patterns and API design
- Care about quality – you know what it means to ship high quality code and you also know how to write tests
- Demonstrated mastery and deep experience of Android SDK development
- Good English – written and spoken