Schibsted Media Group is an international media group with 6800 employees in 31 countries. From Mexico to Malaysia, from Brazil to Norway – millions of people interact with Schibsted companies every day. We ensure that new and old sofas can be sold. News reports are read and watched when, where and how consumers want. Weather reports are checked with quick online services. Carpenters are found through a couple of clicks. Prices are compared and the latest fashion is browsed… these examples are just some of the ways our services empower people all around the world in their daily lives.
Schibsted Products & Technology is a brand new technology start-up within Schibsted, with offices in London, Stockholm, Barcelona, Oslo, Kraków and Paris. Our philosophy is built on keeping an open mind, challenging ourselves, and the status quo. The goal is to shape the future of our industry. To achieve this we recruit attitude in addition to technical skills. If you are driven, ambitious, not afraid of challenges and thrive on finding new solutions, we want to hear from you. The overall mission of Schibsted Products and Technology is to develop the common global product platforms and technology infrastructure necessary to create data and identity based ecosystems; empowering local entrepreneurs, delighting users, and driving Schibsted’s future growth. With over 250 million monthly active users under our belt, we’re able to harness huge amounts data to provide insights on a global scale. Together with our deep local expertise, we’ve got a winning combination.
We are looking for a Java developer to join the team building a payment platform for SPiD – Schibsted group common infrastructure for login, payment and insight. The platform has focus on high performance, high security and good scalability (microservices). SPiD aims to be what PayPal is for eBay but for Schibsted.
- You will be part of a team delivering global Payment solution for Schibsted companies
- You will have an active role in designing and implementing the new functionalities in fintech area
- You will work with the new technologies and have a chance to create them
- Java programming language as well as other JVM languages (Groovy / Scala / other)
- RDBMs systems including MySQL (must have) and others.
- SQL and relational databases design principles
- Cloud platforms – mainly AWS suite
- Continuous delivery and continuous integration processes
- Microservices and REST design principles using Spring Boot
- Excellent English – written and spoken
- You are independent and proactive and able to lead the project through all the phases until the final delivery.