Schibsted employs 6,800 people across 30 countries worldwide, all dedicated to helping our 200 million users discover, build and connect. Our customers use us to sell new and old sofas, keep up with current affairs, check the weather, find a carpenter, compare prices, follow the latest fashions…and so much more!
Schibsted Products & Technology is a brand new technology start-up within Schibsted, with offices in London, Stockholm, Barcelona and Oslo. Our philosophy is built on keeping an open mind, challenging ourselves, and the status quo. The goal is to shape the future of our industry. To achieve this we recruit attitude in addition to technical skills. If you are driven, ambitious, not afraid of challenges and thrive on finding new solutions, we want to hear from you.
The overall mission of Schibsted Products and Technology is to develop the common global product platforms and technology infrastructure necessary to create data and identity based ecosystems; empowering local entrepreneurs, delighting users, and driving Schibsted’s future growth. With over 250 million monthly active users under our belt, we’re able to harness huge amounts data to provide insights on a global scale. Together with our deep local expertise, we’ve got a winning combination
You will help build, maintain, and expand the search engine that provides the backbone of Schibsted’s data based digital transformation. As part of the search engineering team, you will be responsible for designing, implementing and running low latency high reliability production level systems responsible for data consumption, enrichment and serving. Data science teams across the organization will be empowered by you to be able to build their systems. Consequently you will be tasked to prototype and subsequently incorporate and optimize features arriving from Schibsted’s diverse media and classified sites.
- Engineer and implement highly scalable systems, using the best development practices and tools
- Help define our development environment, and communicate the best development practices within the organisation (i.e. code reviews, testing, etc)
- Continuously monitor the quality of our systems, design measurements to monitor their health (both the engineering systems and data quality)
- Keep on top of the latest and greatest developments in the distributed systems, the cloud, and data science fields
- Work closely with other teams (Data Science, Product and UX) at Schibsted to drive product development
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science (or similar)
- You’re fluent in multiple development languages (static and dynamic), and willing to work with C/C++ and Go
- You have a deep understanding of systems design, algorithms, and data structures
- The cloud is your friend. Experience with AWS, Google Cloud, or any proprietary clouds
- Experience with distributed computing technologies
- You are comfortable working with multiple stakeholders from different parts of the organization toward a consensus