Schibsted Media Group is an international media group with 6800 employees in 31 countries. From Mexico to Malaysia, from Brazil to Norway – millions of people interact with Schibsted companies every day. We ensure that new and old sofas can be sold. News reports are read and watched when, where and how consumers want. Weather reports are checked with quick online services. Carpenters are found through a couple of clicks. Prices are compared and the latest fashion is browsed… these examples are just some of the ways our services empower people all around the world in their daily lives.
Schibsted Products & Technology is a brand new technology start-up within Schibsted, with offices in London, Stockholm, Barcelona and Oslo. Our philosophy is built on keeping an open mind, challenging ourselves, and the status quo. The goal is to shape the future of our industry. To achieve this we recruit attitude in addition to technical skills. If you are driven, ambitious, not afraid of challenges and thrive on finding new solutions, we want to hear from you.The overall mission of Schibsted Products and Technology is to develop the common global product platforms and technology infrastructure necessary to create data and identity based ecosystems; empowering local entrepreneurs, delighting users, and driving Schibsted’s future growth. With over 250 million monthly active users under our belt, we’re able to harness huge amounts data to provide insights on a global scale. Together with our deep local expertise, we’ve got a winning combination.
As part of the freshly built Real Estate New Construction team you will contribute to creating a new scalable product solution from the ground up, using the latest available technologies to solve operational needs across multiple Schibsted market. Based off Barcelona, you will work in a highly talented and dynamic environment within a newly created team.
- Create and evolution of a new cross-product project from scratch
- Implement highly scalable systems, using the best development practices and tools
- Creation of REST services and APIs
- Event-oriented, cloud hosted services programming
- Be creative and experiment with new solutions but pragmatic and committed to code optimization, maintainability, and quality
- Deep knowledge in Java
- SOLID, GIT, TDD.
- RESTful apis.
- Experience with high availability websites.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL technologies.
- Experience with AWS or any other cloud platform.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Strong understanding of web performance, scalability, and implementation constraints. High comfort level working with multiple stakeholders from different parts of the organization toward a consensus.
- Technical and business level English
Nice to have
- Experience with Netflix Stack for Microservices
- Experience with Apache Kafka
- Experience with any AMQP technologies
- Experience with Cassandra, DynamoDB or MongoDB
- Experience with CI/CD build pipelines
- Spring Boot. Gradle
- Linux, shell scripting
- Experience in the classified/Real Estate industry