Schibsted Media Group is an international media group with 6800 employees in 31 countries. From Mexico to Malaysia, from Brazil to Norway – millions of people interact with Schibsted companies every day. We ensure that new and old sofas can be sold. News reports are read and watched when, where and how consumers want. Weather reports are checked with quick online services. Carpenters are found through a couple of clicks. Prices are compared and the latest fashion is browsed… these examples are just some of the ways our services empower people all around the world in their daily lives.
In Scandinavia, our media houses such as VG, Aftenposten, Bergens Tidende, Aftonbladet and Svenska Dagbladet keep people informed and updated on important issues in society. Our digital marketplaces such as Finn.no, Blocket.se and Leboncoin.fr help people buy and sell new and old things. In addition, our growth companies such as Shpock, Let’s Deal and Compricer provide our users with popular, digital consumer services that make their everyday life a bit easier. Together, this fulfills Schibsted Media Group’s mission of ‘Empowering people in their daily life’. Learn more at www.schibsted.com.
Two things are crucial for current and future success: The right people and the best business ideas. Schibsted is proud to have a proven track record of success with both. Our philosophy is built on keeping an open mind and challenging ourselves and the status quo. The goal is to shape the future of our industry. To achieve this we recruit attitude.
Business Intelligence Manager
Join us in shaping the new global organisation and capabilities for a global media group moving to a consolidated cloud-based enterprise data warehouse and improved use of data and analytics in powering the business.
As Business Intelligence Manager you work with the Director of Business Solutions, regional BI managers, other IT leaders and business leaders to ensure that analytical applications capitalize on all available data to enable business owners to make sound decisions and achieve better outcomes.
The role owns, manages and controls certain analytical approaches, tools and data source validation for the enterprise, including the logical corporate data warehouse, the master data management systems and tools and specific business intelligence (BI) platforms.
- Lead the overall technical architecture and way of working for Business Intelligence
- Built and lead high performing engineering teams and managers
- Attracted and developed senior level talent
- Promote analytic usage and skills among management and employees
- Create a culture that promotes data-driven decisions backed by investigation and collaboration around data
- Ensure that analyses used for financial reporting and in support of legal requirements are valid, reliable, traceable, timely, available, secure and consistent
- Ensure privacy and legal requirements are met in the enterprise data warehouse
Skills and expertise
- Master’s degree (Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Business Economics or related field)
- 5+ years of experience in analytics leadership or comparable experience
- Three or more years of progressive leadership experience in leading cross-functional teams and enterprise wide programs, operating and influencing effectively across the organization and within complex contexts
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to work across business lines at all levels to influence and effect change to achieve common goals
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to explain analytic process concepts and technologies to business leaders, as well as business concepts to technologists; able to sell ideas and process internally at all levels, including c-level management
- Ability to manage stakeholders with diverse interests; make actionable recommendations
- Passionate and bring expertise in creating a data “discovery-driven” culture
- Proven record of effective leadership, including the ability to build teams and consensus; getting things done through others not directly under his/her supervision; working ethically and with integrity
We offer you
- The opportunity to join an exciting and dynamic workplace
- Challenging projects
- Develop and bring great tools to great people
- Amazing colleagues