Schibsted Media Group is an international media group with 6800 employees in 31 countries. From Mexico to Malaysia, from Brazil to Norway – millions of people interact with Schibsted companies every day. We ensure that new and old sofas can be sold. News reports are read and watched when, where and how consumers want. Weather reports are checked with quick online services. Carpenters are found through a couple of clicks. Prices are compared and the latest fashion is browsed… these examples are just some of the ways our services empower people all around the world in their daily lives.
Schibsted Products & Technology is a brand-new technology start-up within Schibsted, with offices in London, Stockholm, Barcelona and Oslo. Our philosophy is built on keeping an open mind, challenging ourselves, and the status quo. The goal is to shape the future of our industry. To achieve this we recruit attitude in addition to technical skills. If you are driven, ambitious, not afraid of challenges and thrive on finding new solutions, we want to hear from you.
We’re building a new multidisciplinary team in order to enable all Schibsted affiliates to provide their customers with the data concerning the performance of their ads. This is a brand-new project with no technical debt. This new team is built around intelligent and intellectually inquisitive engineers working on cutting edge technologies and products. We have the opportunity to work at a high degree of complexity and scale. We’re looking for a humble person, able to question him/herself.
You will join the team responsible for building user-facing dashboards and reporting systems. These tools are used by our users of Leboncoin who post Ads, and allow them to track and measure the performance of their ads in terms of visibility, leads, etc, and get suggestions and recommendations on how to boost the performance of their Ads. The signal needed to display this information consists of hundreds of millions of events per day just for Leboncoin, and needs to be processed and aggregated for display in an easy-to-understand UI in quasi realtime.
This service will be built first for Leboncoin, but will also be rolled out to our other Online Classified operations across the world.
– Architect and implement distributed, fault tolerant data processing systems capable of processing billions of events per day.
– Work closely with data scientists to define and develop infrastructure and distributed machine learning services.
– Write high quality, maintainable code and drive improvements in our development environment.
– Keep on top of the emerging best practices and champion these within the organization.
– Collaborate closely with many other teams within Schibsted across our numerous offices.
– You have 3+ years’ experience on a similar position.
– You’re fluent in Scala/Java/Python development languages.
– You have a deep understanding of data structures.
– You have a good knowledge in PostgreSQL & MySQL.
– You have experience with some of the big data technologies like Hadoop, Kafka, Storm, Cassandra, large scale storage systems is a plus.
You can work effectively in a distributed organization
Salary: Competitive (depending on Experience)
You want to know more about Leboncoin? Go see our Corporate website: https://corporate.leboncoin.fr/
And for Schibsted it’s here: http://www.schibsted.com/