Schibsted Media Group is a global media company driven by new technology. We employ 6,900 people across 30 countries worldwide, all dedicated to helping our 250 million users discover, build and connect. Schibsted’s solid reputation of trust and security is a legacy of our 177 year history in news and publishing, but recent growth is the result of forward thinking in three separate areas: Marketplaces, Media Houses and Growth. Our pioneering digital media houses are acknowledged as world class in web TV, mobile and paid online services. And with our flourishing portfolio of rapidly expanding digital companies we are leading the fusion of established traditional media and emerging new technologies.
Schibsted Products & Technology is the technology arm within Schibsted Media Group, with offices in London, Stockholm, Barcelona, Paris and Oslo. Our philosophy is built on keeping an open mind, challenging ourselves, and the status quo. The goal is to shape the future of our industry. To achieve this we recruit attitude in addition to technical skills. If you are driven, ambitious, not afraid of challenges and thrive on finding new solutions, we want to hear from you. The overall mission of Schibsted Products and Technology is to develop the common global product platforms and technology infrastructure necessary to create data and identity based ecosystems; empowering local entrepreneurs, delighting users, and driving Schibsted’s future growth. With over 250 million monthly active users under our belt, we’re able to harness huge amounts data to provide insights on a global scale. Together with our deep local expertise, we’ve got a winning combination. We’re looking for intelligent and intellectually inquisitive people to come on board in London to build a number of truly greenfield, cutting edge Technology products. We’ve successfully built the London office from scratch, and we’re looking for more passionate people to fuel our growth.
Data Engineers are an integral part of Schibsted’s Data organisation and work closely with Data Scientists utilising their Machine Learning and Engineering skills to architect and develop global scale solutions.
Schibsted’s wide portfolio of sites and services means that we have a rich source of proprietary data and application areas to try out many different approaches in a creative, innovative and ambitious environment.
As part of the Relevance team you will be working closely with our Data Scientists and together will be responsible for building efficient and robust solutions, capable of inferring from billions of events to produce real-time predictions. These systems impact millions of users across the globe, personalising both content and advertising to improve the user experience.
- Architect and implement distributed, fault tolerant data processing systems capable of processing billions of events per day.
- Work closely with data scientists to define and develop infrastructure and distributed machine learning services.
- Write high quality, maintainable code and drive improvements in our development environment.
- Keep on top of the emerging best practices and champion these within the organisation
- Collaborate closely with many other teams within Schibsted across our numerous offices.
- You’re fluent in multiple development languages ideally Scala/Java/Python
- You have a deep understanding of Computer Science fundamentals ie systems design, distributed systems, algorithms, and data structures.
- You are interested in machine learning / data science.
- You have experience in processing lots of data with Spark/MapReduce
- You have lots of experience with AWS or similar cloud service
- Experience with some of the big data technologies like Hadoop, Kafka, Storm, Cassandra, large scale storage systems is a plus.
- You can work effectively in a distributed organisation