Experimentation is vital to Schibsted’s future ability to deliver customer and business value. Schibsted wants to move beyond simple off-the-shelf UX experimentation and run concurrent A/B testing in client, server and the edge.
Schibsted has built an initial experimentation system with a small team and based on the success of this product we are now investing heavily in the technology to build it into a key component for all marketplaces. We are looking for software engineers, product designers, data scientists and product management professionals to join our team in London to build a world class experimentation platform.
The initial mission is to create an Experimentation platform that will bring multivariate A/B and related testing capabilities to the suite of Marketplace Components. The team will then scale the platform to serve all Marketplaces within Schibsted and create a culture of experiment based product development.
As a Data Engineer within the Experimentation team, you will work alongside a group of highly talented scientists and engineers based in London, Barcelona, Oslo, Stockholm and Paris, providing the fundamental pipelines powering experimentation capabilities across our online marketplace products.
- Work to make business-critical large-scale experimentation data available for real-time analysis
- Continuously monitor the quality of our systems, design measurements to monitor their health (both the engineering systems and data quality).
- Work closely with other data engineers to make analytics data widely available for analysis through the global Schibsted data platform.
- Implement highly scalable systems, using the best development practices and tools
- Event-oriented, cloud hosted services programming
- Be creative and experiment with new solutions but pragmatic and committed to code optimization, maintainability, and quality
- Implementing complex algorithms provided by data scientist or working with data scientist to ensure their designs and algorithms can be implemented in a time and space efficient manner
- Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science / Information Technology / Engineering)
- Experience with batch and streaming data processing tools (Spark, Kafka, Kafka Streams, Luigi, etc.)
- Experience with “big data” NoSQL databases design and optimization (S3, Hive, Redshift, Cassandra, etc)
- Experience with AWS or any other cloud platform
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- SOLID, TDD
- Understanding of Software Development best practices
- Fluent in a development language (Scala preferably), and interested in learning more.
- Experience with any AMQP technologies
- Experience with CI/CD build pipelines
- Linux, shell scripting
- K8s experience