Schibsted Media Group is an international media group with 6800 employees in 31 countries. Of these, around 1500 people work on tech, many in Schibsted Products and Technology (SPT), where you’ll be working.
The overall mission of Schibsted Products and Technology is to develop the common global product platforms and technology infrastructure necessary to create data and identity based ecosystems; empowering local entrepreneurs, delighting users, and driving Schibsted’s future growth. With over 250 million monthly active users under our belt, we’re able to harness huge amounts data to provide insights on a global scale. Together with our deep local expertise, we’ve got a winning combination.
The Data organization is responsible for all things data, including collecting and storing data, processing the data (typically using machine learning), and gathering insights or developing features for products
You will help build state of the art systems and data infrastructure to power Schibsted’s digital transformation. Data from over a hundred of diverse sites will power great user features for our media and classified sites. This is a unique opportunity to help design, build, and scale a brand new data infrastructure system to power everything from better articles and classified recommendations to more relevant ads, as well as build production systems that improve user experience.
We offer a creative and open environment with big challenges and opportunities. We share ideas and insights with each other so that we together can make something greater than the sum of its parts. We work cross functionally. We believe in small, talented and motivated teams. We believe in running code over powerpoint slides.
As a Data Scientist in the NLP (Natural Language Processing), you will:
- Work in a small, talented and motivated team based in Stockholm and Oslo. Collaborate closely with other Data teams, e.g., Image Recognition, Recommendation and Insights, around Schibsted.
- Work on highly impactful NLP projects towards large media and marketplace sites like VG, Aftenposten and FINN in Norway, Aftonbladet and Blocket in Sweden, and LebonCoin in France.
- Initiate and lead projects from idea to completion. Talk to product managers, business people and your peers to get an understanding of the project requirements. Communicate insights and results to stakeholders and measure and evaluate the impact.
- Take your models from prototyping to production. Develop prototypes using the latest technologies for AI and big data, e.g., TensorFlow, Keras, Spark, AWS, and then write production code and deploy it as microservices in the cloud.
- Learn a lot and share your own knowledge. Travel occasionally, either to meet colleagues and work together, or to attend conferences.
- PhD or Masters Degree in Computer Science or other related field
- Strong programming skills, using typically Python or Scala, with a deep understanding of systems design, algorithms, and data structures
- Experience with cloud infrastructure, e.g., AWS or Google Cloud, and distributed computing technologies such as Spark, Hadoop, Kafka, Storm or Cassandra.
- You have strong interest and experience in both classical as well as state-of-the-art machine learning models and theories. Experience in NLP applications is a plus.
- You have experience developing in at least one of the major deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, Theano, Torch or Keras.
- You have a product focus and enjoy not only model development but also engineering the resulting production solution.