Do you want to join Schibsted and FINN.no in creating global infrastructure for online marketplaces?
We are looking for a devOps engineer to join Schibsted Products and Technology and work together with our FINN Infrastructure team.
Schibsted Media Group is an international media group with 6800 employees in 31 countries. From Mexico to Malaysia, from Brazil to Norway – millions of people interact with Schibsted companies every day. We ensure that new and old sofas can be sold. News reports are read and watched when, where and how consumers want. Weather reports are checked with quick online services. Carpenters are found through a couple of clicks. Prices are compared and the latest fashion is browsed… these examples are just some of the ways our services empower people all around the world in their daily lives.
Schibsted Products & Technology is a technology start-up within Schibsted, with offices in Oslo, Stockholm, Barcelona, London, Paris and Kraków . Our philosophy is built on keeping an open mind, challenging ourselves, and the status quo. The goal is to shape the future of our industry. To achieve this we recruit attitude in addition to technical skills. If you are driven, ambitious, not afraid of challenges and thrive on finding new solutions, we want to hear from you!
The overall mission of Schibsted Products and Technology is to develop the common global product platforms and technology infrastructure necessary to create data and identity based ecosystems; empowering local entrepreneurs, delighting users, and driving Schibsted’s future growth. With over 250 million monthly active users under our belt, we’re able to harness huge amounts data to provide insights on a global scale. Together with our deep local expertise, we’ve got a winning combination.
Our new devOps engineer will work together with our FINN infrastructure team. Schibsted Media Group owns FINN and several similar marketplaces around the world. FINN contributes in creating common components that are used in many of Schibsted´s digital marketplaces. For this position you will work out of the FINN offices, and together with the FINN team build and maintain the infrastructure of www.finn.no. FINN´s offices are in downtown Oslo, Grensen 5 – 7. FINN has 400 employees and 130 of them are highly skilled and dedicated developers. In other words, this is a great a opportunity to work at global scale and within a local company.
- Automating the operations and production of large-scale distributed systems.
- Develop a platform-as-a-service solution using the Docker and Kubernetes.
- Make sure that FINN is able to keep deploying code to production over 1000 times a week without downtime.
- Make sure our monitoring and logging solutions are running 24/7 24/7
- A BSc (or equivalent) degree in computer science
- Strong analytical / problem solving skills
- Strong UNIX background
- Experience with running large Linux installations
- Experience with networking and load-balancing
- Scripting skills in Bash, Perl, Python or similar
- Experience in developing computer programs in Golang, Java, Python, Ruby or similar
- Experience in building systems that scale
- Experience with tools like Jenkins, Git, Puppet, Chef