Schibsted technologies and companies empower people every day, in every corner of the world. Schibsted employs 6,800 people across 30 countries worldwide. Our customers use us to sell new and old sofas, keep up with current affairs, check the weather, find a carpenter, compare prices, follow the latest fashions…and so much more!
We are looking for a Product Director to work on and own our global ads fulfilment platform within the Schibsted Products & Technology group. The ads platform spans audience targeting as well as reporting. This platform is in use by several teams, helping with making advertising more relevant, improve recommendations and more. While relatively young, it constitutes a fundamental building block of Schibsted’s ecosystem and will grow to support more and more aspects of the business. Which is why we are designing and testing it with significant input from data science, user research, in-market testing, architectural flexibility, and international input. Be part of the team working on this extremely important product effort for Schibsted. The core team of product managers, engineers, UX and data science is based in London, with partner teams in Barcelona, Paris, Oslo.
Schibsted Products & Technology is a newly formed group whose mandate is to challenge the strategic status quo, keep an open mind and create the tools, platforms and services of tomorrow, so we’re looking for a mindset as well as technical knowledge. With 200 million monthly active users we are already harnessing huge amounts of data to provide insights on a global scale. Now we are building the common global product platforms and technology infrastructure necessary to create data and identity-based ecosystems.
- Own and craft product strategy for your domain that executes on Schibsted vision and harmonises with other product strategies in the group
- Develop roadmaps and go-to-market plans with your ads product team to achieve commercially successful roll-outs across a multitude of online properties in multiple countries
- Maintain a high standard of stakeholder management across the board with senior executives in Norway and the GMs of all properties
- Coach and mentor your direct reports, ensuring work is impactful and smooth between research, UX, Engineering and salesPay particular attention to the work with the Data Science team, in order to make innovative use of ML-based approaches to ads
- Continuously measure and evaluate how the products are used, to quickly determine if they solve the right problems and are usable by the target audience
- Proven track record of launching ambitious initiatives and leading a product management team, and solid technical understanding
- Strong team builder and collaborator
- Rock solid communication skills, including internationally, and with stakeholders on all seniority levels
- Ability to make tough decisions and difficult trade-offs
- Ability to inspire and guide teams without direct authority and provide hands-on leadership
- Willingness to travel