Schibsted Media Group is an international media group with 6800 employees in 31 countries. From Mexico to Malaysia, from Brazil to Norway – millions of people interact with Schibsted companies every day. We ensure that new and old sofas can be sold. News reports are read and watched when, where and how consumers want. Weather reports are checked with quick online services. Carpenters are found through a couple of clicks. Prices are compared and the latest fashion is browsed… these examples are just some of the ways our services empower people all around the world in their daily lives.
Schibsted Products & Technology is a brand new technology start-up within Schibsted, with offices in London, Stockholm, Barcelona, Oslo, Kraków and Paris. Our philosophy is built on keeping an open mind, challenging ourselves, and the status quo. The goal is to shape the future of our industry. To achieve this we recruit attitude in addition to technical skills. If you are driven, ambitious, not afraid of challenges and thrive on finding new solutions, we want to hear from you. The overall mission of Schibsted Products and Technology is to develop the common global product platforms and technology infrastructure necessary to create data and identity based ecosystems; empowering local entrepreneurs, delighting users, and driving Schibsted’s future growth. With over 250 million monthly active users under our belt, we’re able to harness huge amounts data to provide insights on a global scale. Together with our deep local expertise, we’ve got a winning combination.
We are looking for Team Leader with Java to lead the team of developers who are developing the system for managing users and providing access to internal services.
- You will be a part of Java enterprise team working on the internal product
- You will have an active role in planning and implementing the core user access management system in Schibsted worldwide
- You will daily manage the group of talented engineers in Kraków and Stockholm
- You will also be responsible for the relations with multiple partners and vendors
- Good knowledge of a JVM language (Java 8 / Scala / other)
- Practical knowledge of SQL and relational databases design principles
- Strong Unix/Linux background
- Knowledge of cloud platforms – mainly AWS suite
- Excellent knowledge of REST architectural principles and web applications
- Microservices architecture and SOA principles
- Practical experience with continuous delivery and continuous integration
- Experience working with agile methods
- Good English – written and spoken
- You are independent and able to lead the project through all the phases until the final delivery