Schibsted Media Group is an international media group with 6800 employees in 31 countries. From Mexico to Malaysia, from Brazil to Norway – millions of people interact with Schibsted companies every day. We ensure that new and old sofas can be sold. News reports are read and watched when, where and how consumers want. Weather reports are checked with quick online services. Carpenters are found through a couple of clicks. Prices are compared and the latest fashion is browsed… these examples are just some of the ways our services empower people all around the world in their daily lives.
Schibsted Products & Technology is a brand new technology start-up within Schibsted, with offices in London, Stockholm, Barcelona and Oslo. Our philosophy is built on keeping an open mind, challenging ourselves, and the status quo. The goal is to shape the future of our industry. To achieve this we recruit attitude in addition to technical skills. If you are driven, ambitious, not afraid of challenges and thrive on finding new solutions, we want to hear from you.
The overall mission of Schibsted Products and Technology is to develop the common global product platforms and technology infrastructure necessary to create data and identity based ecosystems; empowering local entrepreneurs, delighting users, and driving Schibsted’s future growth. With over 250 million monthly active users under our belt, we’re able to harness huge amounts data to provide insights on a global scale. Together with our deep local expertise, we’ve got a winning combination.
As part of the freshly built Real Estate New Construction team you will contribute to create a new scalable product solution from the ground up, using the latest available technologies to solve operational needs across multiple Schibsted market. Based off Barcelona, you will work in a highly talented and dynamic environment within a newly created team.
As a Front-End Software Engineer you will :
- As Front-End Software Engineer you will : Work in a multi-disciplinary team, and help to build a responsive SPA.
- Create UI components using React.
- Help and contribute in the applications architecture definition.
- Be creative and experiment with new solutions but pragmatic and committed to code optimization, maintainability, and quality.
- Work with product owners and designers to prioritise and hone features.
- Optimize web applications for maximum speed and scale.
- Support diverse clients from high end desktop computers to mobile devices.
- Excellent experience in web development for both desktop and mobile platforms.
- Deep expertise in HTML5 and CSS3. Sass or any equivalent CSS pre-processor (Less.js, nextCss, stylus)
- Use of dev-tools (profiling and debugging)
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Understanding of web performances
- Strong understanding of web performance, scalability, and implementation constraints. High comfort level working with multiple stakeholders from different parts of the organization toward a consensus.
Nice to have
- Use of ES6 syntax, including async new features
- Knowledge of functional programming and OOP with its common design patterns
- Tools and libraries like Babel, Webpack and Redux
- Experience in the classified/Real Estate industry