Schibsted Media Group is an international media group with 6800 employees in 31 countries. From Mexico to Malaysia, from Brazil to Norway – millions of people interact with Schibsted companies every day. We ensure that new and old sofas can be sold. News reports are read and watched when, where and how consumers want. Weather reports are checked with quick online services. Carpenters are found through a couple of clicks. Prices are compared and the latest fashion is browsed… these examples are just some of the ways our services empower people all around the world in their daily lives.
Schibsted Products & Technology is a brand new technology start-up within Schibsted, with offices in London, Stockholm, Barcelona and Oslo. Our philosophy is built on keeping an open mind, challenging ourselves, and the status quo. The goal is to shape the future of our industry. To achieve this we recruit attitude in addition to technical skills. If you are driven, ambitious, not afraid of challenges and thrive on finding new solutions, we want to hear from you.
The overall mission of Schibsted Products and Technology is to develop the common global product platforms and technology infrastructure necessary to create data and identity based ecosystems; empowering local entrepreneurs, delighting users, and driving Schibsted’s future growth. With over 250 million monthly active users under our belt, we’re able to harness huge amounts data to provide insights on a global scale. Together with our deep local expertise, we’ve got a winning combination.
As a Frontend Engineer, you will help build state of the art systems that power Schibsted’s various properties that serve over 200+ million users every month. Your client code will be integrated into dozens of properties and your code will feed data to many parts of Schibsted’s ecosystem. You will be creating new features for millions of Schibsted’s users, as well as building responsive and elegant internal and external web applications.
- Working in a multi-disciplinary team, develop client code that can be integrated into many disparate properties.
- Be involved in a full spectrum of frontend engineering, including new features and new applications.
- Develop prototypes quickly.
- Develop and implement systems using best practices and tools.
- Document and communicate them.
- Be committed to code optimization, maintainability, and quality.
- Be creative and experiment with new solutions.
- Optimize web applications for maximum speed and scale.
- Support diverse clients from desktop computers to “light-weight” mobile devices.
- Excellent experience in web development for both desktop and mobile platforms.
- Development experience with either Java, Python, or C++ is a plus.
- Experience with HTML5, CSS3, AJAX, RESTful APIs.Experience with mobile technologies, Objective-C, Swift, and others is a plus.
- Strong understanding of web performance, scalability, and implementation constraints.
- High comfort level working with multiple stakeholders from different parts of the organization toward a consensus.