Schibsted Media Group is an international media group with 6,800 employees in 30 countries. Every month, about 200 million people around the world interact with Schibsted’s popular digital services through our media houses, our digital marketplaces and our growth companies. Together, this fulfils Schibsted Media Group’s mission of “Empowering people in their daily life”.
Two things are crucial for current and future success: the right people and the best business ideas. Schibsted is proud to have a proven track record of success with both. Our philosophy is built on keeping an open mind and challenging ourselves and the status quo. The goal is to shape the future of our industry. To achieve this we recruit attitude.
Schibsted is building a strong global People function, which means being a strategic partner and a facilitator to our business. We are in the midst of reorganisation, and the people function is taking the first steps into becoming this strategic partner. Therefore, we are looking for team members who want to build, problem solve and lead change. The people function is the largest part of “People, Change and Strategy”, led by EVP Tina Stiegler.
As a result of our international growth and ambitions, our HR Business Partners will have a very central role in the people function going forward. You will be key in enabling our teams to create, develop and market the products of tomorrow. As the formal position- HR Business Partner- is new to Schibsted, you will also have the opportunity to help us shape the role.
As a HR Business Partner in the London Product&Tech Hub you will be a part of forming a newly established People function and work closely with senior stakeholders. You will report directly to VP HR Business Partner – Global Product &Technology. The London Product&Tech Hub is of high strategic importance for Schibsted and it is growing at a very fast pace. As a HR business partner in the Product&Tech Hub you will ensure your client areas are fully supported in all people related matters to help them achieve their business and financial goals globally. This means: (1) aligning the global HR strategy with the departmental and functional strategies, (2) being accountable for all local issues as the UK HR specialist , (3) providing support to global line managers and (4) continuously developing the HR value proposition globally and locally.
- Outline and implement a People Strategy for your Global business areas and our London office
- Enforce a creative and collaborative workforce across a multiple culture organisation
- Be the “go to” HR specialist for topics such as: compensation, benefits, coaching and performance management ,legal enquiries, conflict resolution, employee satisfaction, redundancies and retention
- Provide support to global line managers
- Ensuring all local HR policies and procedures are aligned and according to group standards.
- Regularly review and ensure they continue to reflect both up-to- date employment laws and best practice
- Responsible for working with line managers on on-boarding, performance evaluation, and career development
- Continuously improve the quality and value of the HR service provided to the organisation
- Support the effective delivery of a high performing, people focused HR service and act as the glue in helping Schibsted achieve organisational change
- Seek to continuously improve the quality and value of Schibsted’s HR service
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience with Human Resources
- Bachelor’s degree; Masters Degree preferred
- Experience in leading people
- Understand the needs and the uniqueness of a modern Product&Technology organisation
- Comprehensive all round HR expertise including a clear understanding of the link between HR and the business strategy
- Experience in operational everyday HR
- Experience in advising senior managers
- Excellent English; written and spoken. Preferably can speak one other language fluently
- Unquestioned credibility, judgment, character, and ethics
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Thorough understanding talent management, succession processes and tools
To thrive in this position you must strive to:
- Be comfortable leading in ambiguity
- Create trust to become a true partner for senior managers
- Manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Be a practical problem solver with a strategic mindset
- Be able to develop and energise people
- Be collaborative
- Lead data driven and fact-based decision making at speed
- Navigate in a complex matrix organisation
- Be entrepreneurial and innovative in your approach
- Be a strategic and tactical leader who gets things done
- Foster and encourage diversity of thought and perspective
We offer you:
- A position that will give you the opportunity to create real change
- Excellent opportunities for professional and personal development
- An organisation with highly professional people to develop with and draw upon
- A position with challenging tasks and a balance between your professional and personal life
- A value based culture and leadership
- An organisation at pace with our ambitious goals
- An organisation in constant change and in front of our industry