Schibsted Media Group is an international media group with 6800 employees in 31 countries. From Mexico to Malaysia, from Brazil to Norway – millions of people interact with Schibsted companies every day. We ensure that new and old sofas can be sold. News reports are read and watched when, where and how consumers want. Weather reports are checked with quick online services. Carpenters are found through a couple of clicks. Prices are compared and the latest fashion is browsed… these examples are just some of the ways our services empower people all around the world in their daily lives.
Schibsted Products & Technology is a brand new technology start-up within Schibsted, with offices in London, Stockholm, Barcelona and Oslo. Our philosophy is built on keeping an open mind, challenging ourselves, and the status quo. The goal is to shape the future of our industry. To achieve this we recruit attitude in addition to technical skills. If you are driven, ambitious, not afraid of challenges and thrive on finding new solutions, we want to hear from you.
The overall mission of Schibsted Products and Technology is to develop the common global product platforms and technology infrastructure necessary to create data and identity based ecosystems; empowering local entrepreneurs, delighting users, and driving Schibsted’s future growth. With over 250 million monthly active users under our belt, we’re able to harness huge amounts data to provide insights on a global scale. Together with our deep local expertise, we’ve got a winning combination
In the Infrastructure team we create and maintain a self-service platform that makes it easy for engineering teams to continuously deliver services and products to our users.
You can think of this platform as a custom PaaS (platform as a service solution) specially tailored to Schibsted’s needs. This platform should allow us to build fast, secure, scalable and available solutions in a much more efficient way.
- Lead: hire and manage a team of five infrastructure engineers, working closely with engineering leads across Schibsted
- Invent: identify hidden areas of improvement in any process or system, including changing established rules or proceduresInvestigate: respond to, fix, evaluate and analyse production incidents to minimise their impact as well as devise innovative solutions to prevent them in the future
- Protect: improve the reliability and availability of Schibsted systems by gathering hard data, designing systems and creating or adapting code for increased service reliability and performance
- Survey: Implement monitoring and logging solutions enabling production systems to be monitored 24/7
- Train: Provide expert advice and training to our engineers as to which technology solutions and advanced reliability techniques to use on each situationEngineer: Install, configure, fine-tune, and optimise all sorts of technology solutions
- A BSc (or equivalent) degree in computer science
- Strong analytical / problem solving skills
- Demonstrable team management and line management experience
- Strong UNIX background (including concepts such as Namespaces, Capabilities, and TCP/IP)
- The ability to write scripts on dynamic languages to automate tasks and diagnose problems (Python, Perl or similar)
- Proven ability and experience developing computer programs (C/C++, Golang, Java, Python, Ruby or similar)
- Experience in building and maintaining systems at scale: service discovery, load balancing, secret management, dynamic request routing, circuit breakers and deployment schemes (rolling updates, canary, etc.)
- Experience with modern deployment tools like Jenkins, Git, Puppet, Chef