Schibsted Media Group is an international media group with 6800 employees in 31 countries. From Mexico to Malaysia, from Brazil to Norway – millions of people interact with Schibsted companies every day. We ensure that new and old sofas can be sold. News reports are read and watched when, where and how consumers want. Weather reports are checked with quick online services. Carpenters are found through a couple of clicks. Prices are compared and the latest fashion is browsed… these examples are just some of the ways our services empower people all around the world in their daily lives.
Schibsted Products & Technology is a company within Schibsted, with offices in London, Stockholm, Barcelona and Oslo. Our philosophy is built on keeping an open mind, challenging ourselves, and the status quo. The goal is to shape the future of our industry. To achieve this, we recruit attitude in addition to technical skills. If you are driven, ambitious, not afraid of challenges and thrive on finding new solutions, we want to hear from you.
The overall mission of Schibsted Products and Technology is to develop the common global product platforms and technology infrastructure necessary to create data and identity based ecosystems; empowering local entrepreneurs, delighting users, and driving Schibsted’s future growth. With over 250 million monthly active users under our belt, we’re able to harness huge amounts data to provide insights on a global scale. Together with our deep local expertise, we’ve got a winning combination.
As a Data Analyst within the Insights team you will work alongside fellow analysts, Data Scientists and Data Engineers on some of the largest and most diverse data sets in the world and the latest data technologies.
Your main area of focus will be the Messaging service, one of Schibsted’s biggest global services for our Marketplaces division with 10 million monthly users worldwide. You will work embedded with their product team with the goal to inform and influence the product development process and strategy.
- Work with our global Messaging product team and key stakeholders to inform and influence product development steps and strategy
- Conduct and translate quantitative analysis into actionable insights to guide decision-making on what problems and solutions to prioritise
- Set and coordinate implementation of data collection requirements and data-quality standards to cover stakeholder needs.
- Design and analysis of experiments.
- Design, implement, and maintain KPI dashboards for product team and key stakeholders.
- Proactively work to share analysis, experimentation, business knowledge, and expertise to promote a data-informed culture.
Skills to create thrills
- Bachelor (MSc and PhD a plus) in any relevant technical field such as statistics, experimental sciences (physics, chemistry, etc.), mathematics or economics.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar position
- Extensive experience with digital tracking technologies (Google Analytics, Mixpanel, Adobe Analytics, etc.)
- Extensive experience with SQL (experience with Spark, Hadoop, etc a plus)
- Extensive experience with at least one data oriented programming language such as R or Python/Pandas
- Proficiency in Tableau or other data visualization tools
- Self-starter and detail oriented. You can complete projects with the minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with multidisciplinary teams
- Fluent in English