You may not recognise our name, but Schibsted Media Group technologies and companies empower people every day, in every corner of the world through our media and marketplace products. Schibsted employs 6,800 people across 30 countries worldwide, all dedicated to helping our 200 million users discover, build and connect. Our customers use us to sell new and old sofas, keep up with current affairs, check the weather, find a carpenter, compare prices, follow the latest fashions…and so much more!
Scientists and engineers in our team work to make 700 million of user behaviour events from all around the world understandable for analysts and business users in the company, daily. This large data set is also one of the most diverse data sets in the world and we work with the latest data technologies (Spark, AWS services, Kafka).
At the same time, we also believe that our scientists and engineers are at their best when they share ideas, problems, and solutions with each other. While we work in different application areas, we support one another and push each other to constantly learn and perfect our craft.
- Leverage analytics and quantitative analysis to monitor performance, tune mechanics, and identify new features to increase user growth, market value, and monetization for our products
- Work closely with the product manager and key stakeholders to identify business priorities
- Design, implement, and maintain KPI dashboards for the team and key stakeholders.
- Continuously analyze key user journey routes and KPI’s to identify areas for potential business growth.
- Set and coordinate implementation of data requirements and data-quality standards to cover stakeholder needs.
- Conduct quantitative research to understand our users and strategically guide product decisions, marketing campaigns and business growth.
- Design, develop execute and analyze AB and multivariate experiments together with UX
- Translate quantitative analysis into actionable product insights and data driven hypotheses product decisions together with UX.
- Actively work to share analysis, experimentation, business knowledge and expertise to promote a data and business metric driven culture.
Senior candidates will also:
- Help enforce and continuously improve our analytics practices, processes, and tools.
- Empower and mentor team members to improve their craft, deliver high quality data analysis, and develop themselves as leaders.
- Work cross functionally to build a great data-driven culture within Schibsted.
Skills to create thrills:
- Master degree (Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Business or Economics).
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar position.
- Fluent in English (mandatory).
- Extensive experience with web analytics tools (Google Analytics, Adobe etc.)
- Extensive experience with SQL
- Extensive experience with at least one data oriented programming language such as R or Python pandas
- Proficiency in Tableau or other data visualization tools a plus
- Self-starter and detail oriented. You can complete projects with the minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with multidisciplinary teams