Do you have a visionary mind and a fearless desire to challenge the status quo? Do you want to develop innovative products that change the way we consume information? Do you want to build the next great digital newspaper while being part of over 150 years of quality journalism in Aftenposten?
We’re looking for an intelligent and intellectually inquisitive Interaction Designer to come on board and design truly user friendly products. Working as an integrated member of a cross functional team of product people, journalists, UX experts and developers (web & apps) you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process from early brainstorming to idea experimentation, user research and finally tweaking pixels right before launch.
You will support your team throughout the full lifecycle of product development and be expected to utilise a full range of product design, interaction design and visual design skills – enabling us to create solutions for end users that delight and excite users while and fulfilling their information needs.
- Fluent in Norwegian
- Strong understanding of visual design, usability and user experience principles.
- Ability to synthesise user data and research to create user flows, wireframes, information architecture and interface mockups
- An aptitude for translating and documenting design ideas into visuals that can be shared with all parts of the business
- Visual and aesthetic design skills to create final mock-ups for implementation
- Passion for digital products, technology, creativity and an openness to new design ideas
- Ability to work closely with engineering, product management and user research teams in order to design experiences that are technologically feasible and meet the business and user needs
- Have very strong visual and aesthetic design skills to create stunning communications across platforms and audiences, always striving for better, simpler and more beautiful communication
- Good understanding of qualitative user research methodologies and how to run lean research to ensure user insights inform all stages of design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Used to work agile, or lean and in a highly collaborative environment with other UX designers, researchers, visual designers, product owners and engineers
- 3-5 years of interaction and visual design experience
- Experience designing for both desktop and mobile platforms
- Expert understanding of interaction, experience design and visual design principles
- Experience in facilitating workshops
- Experience with design software and tools such as Sketch, Adobe suite, Invision, Axure, etc.
- Experience with end to end product development