Verdens Gang (VG.no) is the largest media house in Norway, and our news site is Norway’s most visited, with a huge market dominance on mobile devices. Across our channels VG reaches more than 2.4 million readers every day. Our mission is to contribute to a functioning democracy by closing the gap between what citizens know and what they need to know about the world around them. We aim to offer trustworthy news founded on facts and insight in a world where information is becoming increasingly more abundant and untrustworthy.
To achieve this we’re aiming at delivering simply the best news destination possible to our users. This requires a dedicated and continuous investment in new technology, in a marathon to stay relevant in a rapidly changing market. In all honesty we’re not quite there yet, and we still have a lot of untapped potential. That is why we are strengthening our product team with a UX lead.
We’re looking for intelligent and intellectually inquisitive Product Designers to come on board in order to design truly greenfield products. You are someone with 3+ years experience in UX, strong in interaction design, experience with user research (quant and qual), good facilitator, team player. Preferably with good visual design skills and experience in Lean UX/hypothesis driven design and confident designing for mobile experiences.
Working as an integrated member of a new cross functional team of product people, UX experts and developers (web & apps) you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process from early brainstorming to idea experimentation, user research and finally tweaking pixels right before launch.
You will support your team throughout the full lifecycle of product development and be expected to utilize a full range of product design, interaction design and visual design skills – enabling us to create solutions for end users that delight and excite users while and fulfilling their needs.
- Strong understanding of usability and user experience principles
- Ability to synthesise user data and research to create user flows, wireframes, information architecture and interface mockups
- An aptitude for translating and documenting design ideas into visuals that can be shared with all parts of the business
- Visual and aesthetic design skills to create final mock-ups for implementation
- Passion for digital products, technology, creativity and an openness to new design ideas
- Ability to work closely with engineering, product management and user research teams in order to design experiences that are technologically feasible and meet the business and user needs
- Have very strong visual and aesthetic design skills to create stunning communications across platforms and audiences, always striving for better, simpler and more beautiful communication
- Good understanding of qualitative user research methodologies and how to run lean research to ensure user insights inform all stages of design. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Used to work agile, or lean and in a highly collaborative environment with other ux designers, researchers, visual designers, product owners and engineers
- 3+ years of interaction and visual design experience
- Experience designing for both desktop and mobile platforms
- Expert understanding of interaction, experience design and visual design principles
- Experience with design software and tools such as Sketch, Adobe suite, Invision, Axure, etc.
- Experience with end to end product development. Familiarity with iOS and Android design guidelines