You may not recognise our name, but Schibsted Media Group technologies and companies empower people every day, in every corner of the world.
Schibsted employs 6,800 people across 30 countries worldwide, all dedicated to helping our 200 million users discover, build and connect. Our customers use us to sell new and old sofas, keep up with current affairs, check the weather, find a carpenter, compare prices, follow the latest fashions…and so much more!
Schibsted Products & Technology is a new start-up within Schibsted. Our brief is to challenge the status quo, keep an open mind and create the tools, platforms and services of tomorrow, so we want attitude as well as technical knowledge. With 200 million monthly active users we are already harnessing huge amounts of data to provide insights on a global scale. Now we are building the common global product platforms and technology infrastructure necessary to create data and identity-based ecosystems.
- Working in a multi-disciplinary team, develop client code that can be used by many disparate properties.
- Develop prototypes quickly but deliver production code that works well in emerging and established markets
- Be involved in a full spectrum of mobile engineering, including new features and new applications but also SDKs and tools to support experimentation, localisation and customisation.
- Develop and implement systems using best practices and tools. Document and communicate them.
- Be creative and experiment with new solutions but pragmatic and committed to code optimization, maintainability, and quality
- Understand the issues of working in emerging markets – old handsets and low bandwidth networks whilst also delivering a modern, performant app.
- Work with product owners and designers to prioritise and hone features.Optimize iOS apps for maximum speed and scale.
- Excellent experience in web development for iPhone and iOS
- Deep expertise in Swift or Objective-C.
- Some server side experienceCore Animation, CoreData
- Design and consumption of REST ,GraphQL APIs
- Objective-C++ for porting external librariers
Nice to have: