We are looking for an experienced iOS Software Engineer to make the new Aftenposten iOS native app one of the most innovative news destination in the world.
Aftenposten is a traditional and premium news brand under the Schibsted Media Group umbrella which is an international media group with 6800 employees in 31 countries. Our strategy is to become a global leader within our fields. It consists of three elements that work seamlessly together: Classifieds, Growth and Media houses. From Mexico to Malaysia, from Brazil to Norway – millions of people interact with Schibsted companies every day. We’re meeting our customers’ needs with our ever expanding range of smart products and services. Schibsted is increasingly international, and we’re not standing still. We’re moving forward. Fast.
Schibsted Media owns the major news destinations in Scandinavia and we are now in the process of developing a common product platforms and technology infrastructure to innovate faster.
You will be a part of the Aftenposten brand team within Schibsted Product & Technology located in Oslo. You will work closely with designers, product managers and other developers, both within the team and across Schibsted. You will have end-to-end responsibility for Aftenposten’s app, and potentially development responsibility for other media houses’ apps. Some travel should be expected.
- Development native apps for Aftenposten and other media houses
- Contribute to the development of SDKs to deliver product related functionality
- Native UI development with Swift
- Designing and consuming JSON REST APIs
- Optimisation and performance analysis
- You know how to write readable, idiomatic and maintainable Objective-C and Swift
- You have a deep understanding of Cocoa and API design
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code
- You are prepared to take on a lot of personal responsibility for the deliverables you work on
- Experience working collaboratively with geographically distributed teams would be preferable
- Norwegian fluency preferred, but not required
We can offer
- Opportunity to improve the media industry and thus the society we live in
- Challenging problems and freedom to solve them
- Flexible workdays and locations
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Modern and central office with gym, ping pong tables and Mario Cart competitions