Schibsted Media Group is an international media group with 6800 employees in 31 countries. From Mexico to Malaysia, from Brazil to Norway – millions of people interact with Schibsted companies every day. We ensure that new and old sofas can be sold. News reports are read and watched when, where and how consumers want. Weather reports are checked with quick online services. Carpenters are found through a couple of clicks. Prices are compared and the latest fashion is browsed… these examples are just some of the ways our services empower people all around the world in their daily lives.
Schibsted Products & Technology is a brand new technology start-up within Schibsted, with offices in London, Stockholm, Barcelona, Oslo, Kraków and Paris. Our philosophy is built on keeping an open mind, challenging ourselves, and the status quo. The goal is to shape the future of our industry. To achieve this we recruit attitude in addition to technical skills. If you are driven, ambitious, not afraid of challenges and thrive on finding new solutions, we want to hear from you. The overall mission of Schibsted Products and Technology is to develop the common global product platforms and technology infrastructure necessary to create data and identity based ecosystems; empowering local entrepreneurs, delighting users, and driving Schibsted’s future growth. With over 250 million monthly active users under our belt, we’re able to harness huge amounts data to provide insights on a global scale. Together with our deep local expertise, we’ve got a winning combination.
We are looking for Java Developer to join the team which is developing the system for managing users and providing access to internal services.
- Develop and maintain well-scalable systems
- Produce clean and efficient code
- Take part in design decisions
- Share ownership of the projects with the small team
- Write tests covering the code you wrote
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the field
- Good knowledge of a JVM language (Java 8 / Scala / other)
- Understanding of object-oriented design
- Understanding of HTTP protocol and REST principles
- SQL knowledge
- Familiarity with the Linux OS
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Knowledge of microservices architecture
- Experience with Git
- Experience with CI/CD build pipelines
It would be also nice if you have: