Schibsted Media Group is an international media group with 6800 employees in 31 countries. From Mexico to Malaysia, from Brazil to Norway – millions of people interact with our companies every day. Our services empower people all around the world in their daily lives by ensuring that everything from new and old sofas can be sold to that objective and trustworthy news reports are read and watched when, where and how consumers want.
Schibsted Products & Technology is a brand new technology start-up within Schibsted, with offices in London, Stockholm, Barcelona and Oslo.
Our philosophy is built on keeping an open mind, challenging ourselves, and the status quo. The goal is to shape our industry. To achieve this we recruit attitude in addition to technical skills.
Are you driven, bold, not afraid of challenges and want to work on products that are important for a highly functioning democratic society? Keep on reading.
The overall mission of Schibsted Products and Technology is to develop the common global product platforms and technology infrastructure necessary to create data and identity based ecosystems; empowering local entrepreneurs, delighting users, and driving our future growth. With over 250 million monthly active users under our belt, we can harness huge amounts data to provide insights on a global scale. Together with our deep local expertise, we’ve got a winning combination.
As Lead Engineering in publishing, you will help build state of the art systems that power our various properties that serve million of users every month, and that power our innovative and prize winning tools and services that support journalists and the most successful publishers in the Nordics.
You will be highly influential in creating new features for millions of Schibsted’s end users, as well as building responsive and elegant internal and external web applications.
Ultimately, as an engineering leader, you’ll have the opportunity to be accountable and drive cross-cutting initiatives by driving architectural and technological decisions. Help us reimagine the future of publishing and independent news!
- You will work in a multi-disciplinary team that develops client code that can be integrated into many disparate properties
- You will collaborate, influence and work on improvement across teams
- You will lead the work to set and realize the frontend architectural vision that will support multiple teams working on the same product
- You will mentor and coach junior engineers
- You will develop and implement systems using standard methodologies and tools
- You will optimize web applications for maximum speed and scale
- You will build application that supports diverse clients from desktop computers to “light-weight” mobile devices
- You have experience of modern server-side web development technologies
- You have worked on taking Node.js to production and at scale
- You are comfortable working with multiple partners from different parts of the organisation toward a consensus
- You have demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
- You have previously lead cross team initiatives and mentored junior engineers
- You have a strong understanding of web performance, scalability, and implementation constraints
- You are committed to code optimisation, maintainability, and quality
- You are creative and experiment with new solutions