Do you posses the ability of combining hands-on UX design with strong leadership experience? Are you passionate about impacting people on a global scale? Schibsted Media Group is an international organisation with 6800 employees in 31 countries. From Mexico to Malaysia, from Brazil to Norway – millions of people interact with Schibsted companies every day. Comprising media, marketplaces, and consumer services, our products seek to empower people in their daily lives. Our philosophy is built on challenging ourselves and the status quo and our goal is to shape the future of our industry. If you are driven, ambitious, not afraid of challenges and thrive on finding new solutions, we want to hear from you.
Verdens Gang (VG.no) is the largest media house in Norway, and our news site is Norway’s most visited, with a huge market dominance on mobile devices. Across our channels VG reaches more than 2.4 million readers every day.
Our mission is to contribute to a functioning democracy by closing the gap between what citizens know and what they need to know about the world around them. We aim to offer trustworthy news founded on facts and insight in a world where information is becoming increasingly more abundant and untrustworthy.
To achieve this we’re aiming at delivering simply the best news destination possible to our users. This requires a dedicated and continuous investment in new technology, in a marathon to stay relevant in a rapidly changing market. In all honesty we’re not quite there yet, and we still have a lot of untapped potential. That is why we are strengthening our product team with a UX lead responsible for the end user products.
We are looking for someone with 5+ years experience in UX, excellent communication skills, strong in facilitating, mentorship skills, working with UX on a conceptual level (some interaction design), worked close with Product Managers and stakeholders.
Preferably with experience in Lean UX/hypothesis driven design and leading complex projects in bigger organisations. You are interested in building design systems and platforms, and feel confident designing for mobile experiences.
- Setting clear goals, adhering to the product roadmap and mentoring team members towards growth and success
- Translating and documenting design ideas that can be shared with all parts of the business
- Supervising the creation of user flows, wireframes, information architecture and interface mockups which synthesise user data and research
- Engage the entire UX team in championing and maintaining design principles and the user experience strategy
- Leading your team in developing best practices
- Collaborating cross-functionally with product management and engineering to ensure successful product development
- Collaborating with teams in other offices (both in Norway and Sweden)
- Expert understanding of interaction, usability and visual design principles
- Deep understanding of UX research methods and how to take action on findings
- Excellent leadership and UX evangelism with a proven ability to work successfully with Product and Engineering
- Passionate about design and constantly seeking new solutions
- Strong ability to collaborate across locations and cultures
- Familiarity with iOS and Android design guidelines
- Minimum 2 years experience in a management or leadership role on a design or research team
- Minimum 5 years of design or research experience
- Design background: strong portfolio with examples of your approach to interactions and visuals across web application.