Schibsted Media Group is an international media group with 6800 employees in 31 countries. From Mexico to Malaysia, from Brazil to Norway – millions of people interact with Schibsted companies every day. We ensure that new and old sofas can be sold. News reports are read and watched when, where and how consumers want. Weather reports are checked with quick online services. Carpenters are found through a couple of clicks. Prices are compared and the latest fashion is browsed… these examples are just some of the ways our services empower people all around the world in their daily lives.
Our philosophy is built on keeping an open mind, challenging ourselves, and the status quo. The goal is to shape the future of our industry. To achieve this we recruit attitude in addition to technical skills. If you are driven, ambitious, not afraid of challenges and thrive on finding new solutions, we want to hear from you.
The overall mission of Schibsted Products and Technology is to develop the common global product platforms and technology infrastructure necessary to create data and identity based ecosystems; empowering local entrepreneurs, delighting users, and driving Schibsted’s future growth. With over 250 million monthly active users under our belt, we’re able to harness huge amounts data to provide insights on a global scale. Together with our deep local expertise, we’ve got a winning combination.
- Build, lead and manage a team of highly talented individuals focused on improving the test engineering work to ensure high quality on Schibsted’s diverse products and platforms.
- Define the roadmap within the different teams to make the global test strategy a reality.
- Help enforce and continuously improve test engineers’ practices, processes and tools.
- Drive adoption of new processes, tools and methodologies presented and/or developed by the Engineering Productivity teams to improve testing, maintainability, stability and product quality.
- Lead test engineers to ensure they are adhering best practices, procedures and tools and that these are being implemented successfully.
- Empower and mentor test engineers to improve their craft and develop themselves as leaders.
- Work cross functionally to build a great test engineering culture within Schibsted.
- With strong responsibility support a creative, innovative and productive environment.
- Raise awareness of Schibsted within the technology community; through meetups, conferences, and open source contributions.
- Web browser test frameworks: Selenium, Webdriver
- Mobile device testing: Firebase, Saucelabs
- Test frameworks: jUnit, Gatling, Appium
- Continuous Integration: Jenkins, TravisCI, CircleCI
- Programming languages: any (JVM related, like Java or Scala are big plus) Desirable knowledge of continuous delivery practices, scalable bug triaging solutions, integration between monitoring, alarming and quality control