Schibsted Media Group is an international media group with around 7000 employees in 31 countries. From Mexico to Malaysia, from Brazil to Norway – millions of people interact with Schibsted companies every day. We ensure that new and old sofas can be sold through our digital marketplaces such as Finn.no, Blocket.se and Leboncoin.fr. News reports are read and watched when, where and how consumers want through VG, Aftenposten, SvD and Aftonbladet. Carpenters are found through a couple of clicks. Prices are compared and the latest fashion is browsed. These examples are just some of the ways our services empower people all around the world in their daily lives.
The mission of our team is to empower Schibsted Marketplaces to leverage AI and Machine Learning for creating smart and data-driven products and services. We collaborate closely with product and engineering teams to build models and services that add value in terms of, e.g., increased relevance, automation and personalisation. We are now looking for a passionate and exceptional machine learning engineer with experience of building machine learning systems that bring real value.
- Join a team of talented and motivated data scientists and engineers based in Oslo and Stockholm
- Develop impactful machine learning based services and products within the areas of personalisation and recommendation, predictive modeling, and automation, in close collaboration with product and engineering teams primarily within Schibsted Marketplaces
- Initiate and lead projects from idea to completion. Talk to product managers, business people and your peers to get an understanding of the project requirements. Take part in ideation, prototyping, and then write production code to train and serve machine learning models using latest tools and frameworks within ML and AI.
- Engineer and implement scalable systems and services around the models, using best development practices and state-of-art patterns and tools. Continuously monitor the quality of the systems, design measurements to monitor their health (both the engineering systems and data quality)
- Help defining and continuously improve our development environment, and communicate the best development practices within the organization (i.e., code reviews, testing, etc)
- Learn a lot and share your own knowledge. Travel occasionally, either to meet colleagues and work together, or to attend conferences
Relevant Skills and Experience
- Masters Degree in Computer Science (or similar)
- Fluent in multiple development languages as well as both functional and imperative programming, and interested in learning more. We currently use mostly Python and Java
- Deep understanding of systems design, algorithms, and data structures
- Understanding and genuine interest of AI and machine learning methods and algorithms, e.g., classification, regression, gradient based optimisation and neural networks
- Experience of building systems for model training and serving using, e.g., TensorFlow, Keras, or PyTorch
- Product-focused and comfortable working with multiple stakeholders from different parts of the organization toward a consensus
- Experience with cloud infrastructure, e.g., AWS or Google Cloud, and being familiar with container based architectures and microservices
- Experience with distributed computing technologies like Spark, Hadoop, Kafka is a plus