Schibsted Media Group is an international media group with 6800 employees in 31 countries. From Mexico to Malaysia, from Brazil to Norway – millions of people interact with Schibsted companies (Infojobs, Leboncoin, Fotocasa, Blocket, Milanuncios, Letsdeal…) every day. We ensure that new and old sofas can be sold. News reports are read and watched when, where and how consumers want. Weather reports are checked with quick online services. Carpenters are found through a couple of clicks. Prices are compared and the latest fashion is browsed… these examples are just some of the ways our services empower people all around the world in their daily lives.
Schibsted Products & Technology is a brand new technology start-up within Schibsted, with offices in London, Stockholm, Barcelona, Paris and Oslo. Our philosophy is built on keeping an open mind, challenging ourselves, and the status quo. The goal is to shape the future of our industry. To achieve this we recruit attitude in addition to technical skills. If you are driven, ambitious, not afraid of challenges and thrive on finding new solutions, we want to hear from you.
The overall mission of Schibsted Products and Technology is to develop the common global product platforms and technology infrastructure necessary to create data and identity based ecosystems; empowering local entrepreneurs, delighting users, and driving Schibsted’s future growth. With over 250 million monthly active users under our belt, we’re able to harness huge amounts data to provide insights on a global scale. Together with our deep local expertise, we’ve got a winning combination.
For developing a new global component for the European’s Schibsted marketplaces, we are currently creating a dedicated team embedded in leboncoin and are looking for a Product Manager to join this new team.
You will be part of a brand new team located in leboncoin, dedicated to launch a new global component that will be used in different European marketplaces. As a Schibsted team, you will benefit from a dedicated team composed of back-end developers, UX experts… You will be in charge of developing this global component and making sure it fits to the marketplaces ‘needs.
As the Product Manager for the team, your main missions will be:
- Collect the needs from the big Schibsted European marketplaces
- Define and drive the product vision and roadmap for the global component
- Work with business, engineers and architects in creating product strategy and architecture
- Facilitate workshops and meetings within the team but also with other marketplaces’ teams
- Write user stories and test all the projects before release
- Ensure a prioritized backlog of user-stories and tasks is always available
- Act as stakeholder against other teams and functions needed to complete the product (integration team, operations, component teams etc)
- Deliver as quick as possible to our users/clients, playing smartly with technical and go-tomarket constraints
- Measure and evaluate how the product is used to ensure that the product solves the right problem, users understand it and, if applicable, that they are willing to pay.
SKILLS AND EXPERTISE
- Engineer degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, other Science field
- A solid experience in international project management of minimum 5 years (as a Product or Project Manager)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving aptitude combined with brilliant communication skills
- Outstanding product instincts and creativity combined with a passion for digital media
- Ability to inspire and guide teams without direct authority and provide hands-on leadership
- Understand and be able to communicate with all types of internal and external stakeholders
- Proven track record to take full ownership of products from conceptual ideas to actual launch
- Fluent in English & French : you will have to communicate on a daily basis in French with the local team, but also in English with the different marketplaces in Europe
WHAT WE OFFER
- The opportunity to join an exciting and dynamic workplace
- Challenging projects that will be used internationally
- Position based in Paris in leboncoin’s office (10th district in Paris)
- Frequent travels in Europe
- Availability : as soon as possible