We are looking for a fully-rounded digital Product Manager to work and co-own our new customer-facing global classifieds platform. This new platform will form the user experience and technical foundation of our marketplace product and technology solution for years to come, which is why we are designing and testing it with significant user research, in-market testing, architectural flexibility, and international input. Be part of the team working on this extremely important product effort for Schibsted. The core team of product managers, engineers, and UX is based in London, with partner teams in Barcelona, Paris, Oslo, Casablanca, Mexico City, and more. Join us.
You may not recognise our name, but Schibsted technologies and companies empower people every day, in every corner of the world. Schibsted employs 6,800 people across 30 countries worldwide. Our customers use us to sell new and old sofas, keep up with current affairs, check the weather, find a carpenter, compare prices, follow the latest fashions…and so much more!
Schibsted Products & Technology is a newly formed group whose mandate is to challenge the strategic status quo, keep an open mind and create the tools, platforms and services of tomorrow, so we want mindset as well as technical knowledge. With 200 million monthly active users across Android, iOS, and web we are already harnessing huge amounts of data to provide insights on a global scale. Now we are building the common global product platforms and technology infrastructure necessary to create data and identity-based ecosystems.
- Own and craft product strategy for your functional domain that executes on Schibsted vision and harmonizes with other product strategies in the group.
- Understand how Agile technical teams work and provide operational leadership to your engineering team (own sprint planning, retrospectives, prioritisation, etc.)
- Participate in market research (over a dozen countries) supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers as well as analysis of product data.
- Communicate internally and externally to evangelize vision and inspire all stakeholders (country managers, microservice owners, your own engineers) to get them on the same page.
- Work with our dedicated UX team to translate research into deep understanding of the target users (millions, across many geographies), their needs and how to deliver product value and delight.
- Coordinate with other internal microservice owners in the group to make sure their work supports the core platform and integration is effective and well-designed.
- Work with your Engineering lead to initiate and prioritize workstreams, assist in determining the best technical implementation methods including what parts to build vs. buy vs. outsource to other internal teams.
- For your product domain, support go-to-market plans, positioning, messaging and all elements related to launching the product in multiple countries.
- Measure and evaluate how the product is used to ensure that the product solves the right problem, creates value, is understood by users, and if applicable, is monetisable.
- 5-10 years experience as a product manager or a similar role.
- At least 3 years experience in an international, distributed company/organisation.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, other technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving aptitude.
- Rock solid communication skills, including internationally.
- Proven track record of taking full ownership of products from conceptual ideas to actual launch (consumer-facing products preferred).
- Ability to inspire and guide teams without direct authority and provide hands-on leadership.
- Understand and be able to communicate with all types of internal and external stakeholders.