Schibsted Media Group is an international media group with 6800 employees in 31 countries. From Mexico to Malaysia, from Brazil to Norway – millions of people interact with Schibsted companies every day. We ensure that new and old sofas can be sold. News reports are read and watched when, where and how consumers want. Weather reports are checked with quick online services. Prices are compared and the latest fashion is browsed… these examples are just some of the ways our services empower people all around the world in their daily lives.
The overall mission of Schibsted Products and Technology is to develop the common global product platforms and technology infrastructure necessary to create data and identity based ecosystems; empowering local entrepreneurs, delighting users, and driving Schibsted’s future growth. With over 250 million monthly active users under our belt, we’re able to harness huge amounts data to provide insights on a global scale. Together with our deep local expertise, we’ve got a winning combination.
The Recruitment Lead will be leading two teams in London and Barcelona and is dedicated to finding the very best talent and running a team of top recruitment professionals in order to support the growth of our Engineering and Product team. The Lead is an expert in finding, attracting and hiring the top talent in the Technology and Product market as well as the internal go-to person for expertise and advice on recruitment and hiring. This position will provide innovative, scalable solutions to drive our hiring process in order to meet Schibsted’s business objectives. The Lead role is strategic, hands on and can manage a team
- Work with the Leadership team to understand the Engineering and Product team’s requirements for growth.
- Create creative sourcing, selection and staffing plans that will allow the team to meet its ambitions hiring needs.
- Lead a team of recruitment and sourcing professionals and provide leadership and expertise.
- Provide mentorship, guidance and career development to members of the Engineering & Product recruiting team.
- Innovate and optimize within a streamlined recruitment and hiring process with the management team and other Schibsted teams involved in hiring (e.g. Legal, HR).
- Work with potential candidates to evaluate their skill fit then drive the offer process including reference checking, salary negotiations and contract process.
- Analyse current talent acquisition processes, identifying process efficiencies, gaps and determining go forward process plans, i.e. identify and implement “best practices” and workflows across the company to help streamline and standardize processes
- Evaluate, select and manage recruitment agencies and retained/contingency search firms. Assess and measure effectiveness and ensure compliance with negotiated agreements.
- Develop robust metrics to measure talent acquisition’s effectiveness, focusing on continuous improvement.
- Forecast talent needs and monitor recruitment metrics.
- Consult and advise hiring managers throughout the recruiting and selection processes, providing assistance and expertise that results in quality and timely hires.
- Directly manage hiring efforts for Executive positions and other positions identified as key to the business.
- Develop and manage vendor relationships to provide help with critical executive search
- Stay current and informed on industry best practices including new and innovative talent acquisition strategies, systems and technologies; makes recommendations and drives continuous improvement in talent acquisition practices.
- Be a key contributor to the continuous changes and alignment within recruitment across the Schibsted Group
- 8+ years of recruitment experience in an Engineering and Product environment
- Experience of leading a recruitment team in a fast growth environment
- Ability to manage senior level stakeholders and create hiring strategies for different technology teams
- Experience of working within an organisation going through a transformation, re-organisation or re-structure and be able to navigate across the business effectively and quickly
- Ability to work efficiently but with urgency and be able to prioritise within a demanding environment
- A deep understanding of headcount management and governance
- Creative, strategic thinker who is a driver of teams and processes
- Solid understanding of the technology and Software Engineering sector in order to build credible relationships with Engineering leaders
- Employer Branding and Social Media recruitment experience
- Collaborative and solid leadership skills. Experience with leading in ambiguity
- Experience of international recruitment across multiple markets and willingness to travel regularly.