Schibsted Media Group is a global media company driven by new technology. We employ 6,900 people across 30 countries worldwide, all dedicated to helping our 200 million users discover, build and connect. Schibsted’s solid reputation of trust and security is a legacy of our 177 year history in news and publishing, but recent growth is the result of forward thinking in three separate areas: Marketplaces, Media Houses and Growth. Ongoing investment in the development of new technologies means many of the world’s most popular online marketplaces and online newspapers are part of Schibsted Media Group. Our pioneering digital media houses are acknowledged as worldclass in web TV, mobile and paid online services. And with our flourishing portfolio of rapidly expanding digital companies we are leading the fusion of established traditional media and emerging new technologies.
Schibsted Products & Technology is a technology division technology within Schibsted, with offices in London, Stockholm, Barcelona, Paris and Oslo. Our philosophy is built on keeping an open mind, challenging ourselves, and the status quo. The goal is to shape the future of our industry. To achieve this we recruit attitude in addition to technical skills. If you are driven, ambitious, not afraid of challenges and thrive on finding new solutions, we want to hear from you. The overall mission of Schibsted Products and Technology is to develop the common global product platforms and technology infrastructure necessary to create data and identity based ecosystems; empowering local entrepreneurs, delighting users, and driving Schibsted’s future growth. With over 250 million monthly active users under our belt, we’re able to harness huge amounts data to provide insights on a global scale. Together with our deep local expertise, we’ve got a winning combination.
Rocket is a brand new technology platform for Schibsted marketplaces. Leading marketplace brands like Leboncoin, Finn, Blocket and Subito – all leaders in their markets – belong to Schibsted. Rocket will touch every aspect of Schibsted’s technology stack and launch into 10 countries in 2017. As part of the Rocket team you will be responsible for quality and test across these launches. You will have the opportunity to work in multidisciplinary, globally distributed teams, delivering software that will be used by over a quarter billion users!
Rocket will build a world next generation native mobile applications, a leading UI toolkit and supporting technologies such as; a dynamic experimentation platform, personalisation, real time messaging, server and client side deep learning networks. The team is global release process is driven from London and Schibsted are now recruiting a lead Release Engineer to work with the core development team to improve and automate the app and service release process. The role is part of Schibsted’s Engineering Productivity and reports directly to the head of EngProd.
The role will initially focus on mobile app build and release automation, working closely with test engineering and the core development teams. The scope also includes building capability for continuous delivery across the project. We expect Release engineering to also define the release process and help guide and enforce its implementation – ideally through automation.
- You’ll be helping us build out an automation platform that takes our self service CI offering to the next level.
- Write clean, simple and effectively tested scripting, and automation
- Help evaluate and select open source projects that can help us achieve our mission
- Help our drive on self service, automating the process of building out new and maintaining CI development environments
- Building tools and infrastructure that empower development teams
- Automate build, test and deploy for microservices, mobile apps and web apps.
- Continuous Integration Strategies ideally based on Git, Travis building web, µService and mobile products
- Appstore and Playstore automation and management or App delivery systems such as HockeyApp and TestFlight
- Competent Linux User
- Experience with Terraform
- Experience with TravisCI
- Exposure to Spinnaker (Nice to have)
- Docker or Kubernetes Experience
- Monitoring and Alerting
- Strong Communications Skills
- We are currently using Java, Scala, Node.JS and React (any experience with this is nice to have)