You may not recognise our name, but Schibsted Media Group technologies and companies empower people every day, in every corner of the world.
Schibsted employs 6,800 people across 30 countries worldwide, all dedicated to helping our 200 million users discover, build and connect. Our customers use us to sell new and old sofas, keep up with current affairs, check the weather, find a carpenter, compare prices, follow the latest fashions…and so much more!
Schibsted Products & Technology is a new start-up within Schibsted. Our brief is to challenge the status quo, keep an open mind and create the tools, platforms and services of tomorrow, so we want attitude as well as technical knowledge. With 200 million monthly active users we are already harnessing huge amounts of data to provide insights on a global scale. Now we are building the common global product platforms and technology infrastructure necessary to create data and identity-based ecosystems.
- Engineer and implement highly scalable systems, using the best development practices and tools.
- Help define our development environment, and communicate the best development practices within the organisation (i.e. code reviews, testing, etc).
- Continuously monitor the quality of our systems, design measurements to monitor their health (both the engineering systems and data quality).
- Keep on top of the latest and greatest developments in the distributed systems, the cloud, and data science fields.
- Work closely with other teams (Data Science, Product and UX) at Schibsted to drive product development.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science (or similar)
- You’re fluent in multiple development languages (static and dynamic), and interested in learning more.
- You have a deep understanding of systems design, algorithms, and data structures.
- The cloud is your friend. Experience with AWS, Google Cloud, or any proprietary clouds.
- Experience with distributed computing technologies.
- You are comfortable working with multiple stakeholders from different parts of the organization toward a consensus.