Schibsted Media Group is an international media group with 6800 employees in 31 countries. From Mexico to Malaysia, from Brazil to Norway – millions of people interact with Schibsted companies (Infojobs, Leboncoin, Fotocasa, Blocket, Milanuncios, Letsdeal…) every day. We ensure that new and old sofas can be sold. News reports are read and watched when, where and how consumers want. Weather reports are checked with quick online services. Carpenters are found through a couple of clicks. Prices are compared and the latest fashion is browsed… these examples are just some of the ways our services empower people all around the world in their daily lives.
Schibsted Products & Technology is a brand new technology start-up within Schibsted, with offices in London, Stockholm, Barcelona, Paris and Oslo. Our philosophy is built on keeping an open mind, challenging ourselves, and the status quo. The goal is to shape the future of our industry. To achieve this we recruit attitude in addition to technical skills. If you are driven, ambitious, not afraid of challenges and thrive on finding new solutions, we want to hear from you.
The overall mission of Schibsted Products and Technology is to develop the common global product platforms and technology infrastructure necessary to create data and identity based ecosystems; empowering local entrepreneurs, delighting users, and driving Schibsted’s future growth. With over 250 million monthly active users under our belt, we’re able to harness huge amounts data to provide insights on a global scale. Together with our deep local expertise, we’ve got a winning combination.
- Engineer and implement a highly scalable system, using the best development practices and tools, within a multidisciplinary team.
- Help define our development environment, and communicate the best development practices within the organization (i.e. code reviews, testing, etc).
- Continuously monitor the quality of the system, design measurements to monitor its health (both the engineering systems and data quality).
- Keep on top of the latest and greatest developments in the distributed systems, the cloud, and data science fields.
- Work closely with other teams at Schibsted to help integrating the system into each company’s environment.
- You have 5+ years experience in Backend development and are familiar with REST APIs and microservices
- You’re fluent in multiple development languages (static and dynamic), and interested in learning more.
- You have a deep understanding of systems design, algorithms, and data structures.
- The cloud is your friend. Experience with AWS, Google Cloud, or any proprietary clouds.
- You are comfortable working with multiple stakeholders from different parts of the organization toward a consensus.