Introduction to Schibsted:
Schibsted Marketplaces empower the world’s economy and promote sustainability by enabling anyone to sell and everyone to buy, connecting people to new opportunities and great deals every day. Our goal is to provide fantastic value to all of our 30 million daily users across 22 countries, with effective and safe online classified ads.
Our 3000+ employees focus daily on solving real problems for our users. With leading generalist marketplaces across Europe (leboncoin.fr, blocket.se, finn.no, infojobs.es to mention a few), exciting growth marketplaces in Latin America and Eastern Europe, and technology hubs in Barcelona, London, Oslo, Paris and Stockholm, our teams balance local insight with global scale to develop innovative products and features on the leading edge of digital.
This role is aimed at working with data strategy, bridging business outcomes and opportunities with technical and organizational solutions – across Schibsted Marketplaces and ensuring alignment between central and local teams.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, analytical, business interested and social person, with excellent tech data skills to take on the role of Data Strategist. The role is extremely important in ensuring the success of both the local marketplaces and the wider Schibsted Marketplaces data strategy ambitions, and you are expected to contribute strongly both locally and globally with your expertise and strategic abilities.
The role reports into the Schibsted Marketplaces Head of Tech & Data Strategy
In order to achieve this, the Data Strategist will:
- Help define the data strategy, and tactical support to make sure we are able to execute on it.
- Work closely with our Privacy Office to make sure our Data Strategy complies with regulatory frameworks such as GDPR and ePrivacy
- Actively engage with the Marketplaces and Components to understand their needs & challenges related to data and usage of Platform Services / Data Platform.
- Work with governance and quality processes across Marketplaces, making sure we leverage our data
- Evaluate external best practices, establish internal best practices.
- Help write and maintain the “cookbook” to help our development teams across the division build great data products
Key Success Factors in the role:
- Deep understanding of the strategic business outcomes in Marketplaces.
- Development Experience.
- Experience working with distributed systems at large scale
- Partner closely with our Platform Services / Data, Insights, all the marketplaces, and global producers and consumers of data.
- Ability to connect, understand, and help all the “players” involved to be able to move on the data strategy.
- See data strategy end-2-end, making sure all parts are working well, and if not act on it.
- Good technical understanding of data related concepts
- Able to orient, analyze, recommend actions related to the data strategy
- Able to travel around our marketplaces to listen, learn and aid with the strategy (mostly in Europe)
- Exceptional ability to communicate effectively in both large and small settings
- Good academic results.
- Experience in open roles where networking and social skills are highly important.
- Experience from relevant positions
The location of the role will be to one our our development hubs: Oslo, Barcelona, London, Paris, Stockholm, in order of preference as the Strategy function is located to Oslo.