Schibsted Media Group is a global media conglomerate and within the Media Group, we have Schibsted Marketplaces, where we focus on building platforms and solutions for Schibsted companies within the Marketplace sector.
We’re looking to recruit a Senior DevOps Engineer, for our Infrastructure Team based in London.
In the Infrastructure team, we create and maintain a self-service platform that makes it easy for engineering teams to continuously deliver services and products to our users. The team are distributed and situated in Spain, Norway, Sweden and the UK.
You will be situated in London, working alongside our DevOps Manager and two hands on DevOps Engineers. The work you will be doing, will affect one of our flagship services within Marketplaces. In terms of responsibility, the team supports not only Rocket (our Marketplace platform) but also one of the key Ads teams. You will be part of a team that are not an operations function, rather they help with setting up and maintaining an automation environment, pipelines and builds.
We’d love it if you had some familiarity with the core tech stack in our Marketplaces team. We use Scala heavily here but we appreciate not everyone has experience with it. You can add it to the list of things you’ll learn here.
You will ideally have a solid understanding appreciation of “‘infrastructure as code’. Some things you may be familiar with already; source control with Git, applying software infrastructure to code, setting up cloud infrastructure). We are in the process of moving all our services to a CRE (common runtime environment), within our Marketplaces team.
What Technology Will You Work With?
– AWS (EC2, ECS, IAM, Route53, CloudFormation, RDS, DynamoDB, SQS)
– Sumo Logic
Again, we appreciate you will not have experience with all our technology but we want to hear from DevOps Engineers who want to build on top of a solid foundation already.
What can we offer you?
– A mature environment where all ideas are considered (we want you to help solve problems and improve our technical offering!)
– Cutting edge technology
– Brand new offices, with plenty of space to hold impromptu meetings!
– We contribute to a lot of Open Source technology, so will you!
– Our environment is very diverse. Our leadership team consists of individuals who have worked for the likes of Yahoo, Google, IBM, LinkedIn, Hailo. We’ve plenty of people who have successfully worked within start-ups too.
– You will own the components your team and yourself work on
– Your work will be live and impact 100s of millions of people!