Schibsted Media Group is an international media group with 6800 employees in 31 countries. From Mexico to Malaysia, from Brazil to Norway – millions of people interact with Schibsted companies every day. We ensure that new and old sofas can be sold. News reports are read and watched when, where and how consumers want. Weather reports are checked with quick online services. Carpenters are found through a couple of clicks. Prices are compared and the latest fashion is browsed… these examples are just some of the ways our services empower people all around the world in their daily lives.
Our philosophy is built on keeping an open mind, challenging ourselves, and the status quo. The goal is to shape the future of our industry. To achieve this we recruit attitude in addition to technical skills. If you are driven, ambitious, not afraid of challenges and thrive on finding new solutions, we want to hear from you.
The overall mission of Schibsted Products and Technology is to develop the common global product platforms and technology infrastructure necessary to create data and identity based ecosystems; empowering local entrepreneurs, delighting users, and driving Schibsted’s future growth. With over 250 million monthly active users under our belt, we’re able to harness huge amounts data to provide insights on a global scale. Together with our deep local expertise, we’ve got a winning combination
In the Infrastructure team we create and maintain a self-service platform that makes it easy for engineering teams to continuously deliver services and products to our users.
You can think of this platform as a custom PaaS (platform as a service solution) specially tailored to Schibsted’s needs. This platform should allow us to build fast, secure, scalable and available solutions in a much more efficient way.
Our team is spread across Barcelona, Oslo and Stockholm and focusing on the following areas: Identity and Payment; Platform, Marketplaces and Media; Security and Data; Collaboration Tools and Ads
- As part of the technology group within Schibsted you will advise this group as to which technology stacks / cloud / big data solutions to use
- Automating the operations and production of large-scale distributed systems so no manual intervention is needed eventually
- Help develop an state of the art platform as a service solution using the latest and greatest technologies and approaches (e.g. Mesos, Docker, Microservices, etc)
- Help develop the best possible continuous delivery pipelines supporting features like automated promotion to production, automated canary releasing or blue green deployments
- Forensic analysis and troubleshooting when things go wrong
- Work closely with the engineering organisation making sure that they follow the infrastructure guidelines that you set and help them make design / reliability trade offs and implement systems that fail over gracefully and transparently to clients
- Implement monitoring and logging solutions that enables the production systems to be monitored 24/7
- Respond to requests from engineering by building self-service solutions
- Make sure that any tech solution that you put in place is robust, will scale, and failover / BCP systems are in place
- Deployment and maintenance of databases and data store clusters across multiple datacenters worldwide.
- Liaise with 3rd parties to purchase / license technology that Schibsted needs
- Install, configure, fine-tune, and optimise technology solutions
- A BSc (or equivalent) degree in computer science
- Strong analytical / problem solving skills
- Strong UNIX background
- The ability to write scripts to diagnose problems (Perl, Python or similar)
- Proven ability and experience developing computer programs (Golang, Java, Python, Ruby or similar)
- Experience in building systems that scale
- Experience with modern deployment tools like Jenkins, Git, Puppet, Chef