You may not recognise our name, but Schibsted Media Group technologies and companies empower people every day, in every corner of the world.
Schibsted employs 6,800 people across 30 countries worldwide, all dedicated to helping our 200 million users discover, build and connect. Our customers use us to sell new and old sofas, keep up with current affairs, check the weather, find a carpenter, compare prices, follow the latest fashions…and so much more!
Our brief is to challenge the status quo, keep an open mind and create the tools, platforms and services of tomorrow, so we want attitude as well as technical knowledge. With 200 million monthly active users we are already harnessing huge amounts of data to provide insights on a global scale. Now we are building the common global product platforms and technology infrastructure necessary to create data and identity-based ecosystems.
- Architecting, developing, and maintaining an innovative test automation system for the organization.
- Design and build tooling and infrastructure to help engineering teams measure and increase their velocity.
- Drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing, and maintainability.
- Refactoring code to make it more testable and robust.
- Act as a stakeholder in the overall design of complex software systems contributing the perspective of testability & robustness.
- Building the frameworks and packages required to implement automation.
- Coaching the team in the art of developing automated tests (e.g. API-tests and GUI-tests).
- Creating and maintaining useful technical documentation (architecture diagrams, functional specifications, automation processes and coding standards).
- Ensuring test execution is properly monitored and payed attention to.
- Troubleshooting and fixing issues in hard to debug code, potentially driving refactoring efforts in order to enhance testability.
- Keeping test environments up to date.
- Following up the work related to a well working infrastructure focusing on Continuous Delivery.
- Providing visibility of the product development team needs to the core Engprod teams.