Schibsted Media Group is an international media group with 6800 employees in 31 countries. From Mexico to Malaysia, from Brazil to Norway – millions of people interact with Schibsted companies every day. We ensure that new and old sofas can be sold. News reports are read and watched when, where and how consumers want. Carpenters are found through a couple of clicks. Prices are compared and the latest fashion is browsed… these examples are just some of the ways our services empower people all around the world in their daily lives.
We are currently looking for engineers for our Data Platform team, which builds services and infrastructure for data-driven products to power Schibsted’s digital transformation. With over 250 million monthly active users, we’re able to harness huge amounts data to provide insights on a global scale. This is a unique opportunity to help design, build, and scale a brand new data infrastructure system to power everything from better articles and classified recommendations to more relevant ads, as well as build production systems that improve user experience. You’ll work with data ingestion, transformation, quality, discovery, privacy, analysis, and more.
We offer a creative and open environment with challenging problems and opportunities. Our philosophy is built on keeping an open mind, and challenging ourselves and the status quo. The goal is to shape the future of our industry by empowering the entire company with data services and infrastructure. We recruit attitude in addition to technical skills. If you are driven, ambitious, and passionate about data engineering, we want to hear from you.
- Engineer and implement highly scalable systems and data pipelines for the Schibsted Data Platform, both for real-time and batch processing.
- Enable teams and local sites across the Schibsted organization to develop data-driven products and services through cross-team initiatives and collaboration.
- Design and implement best-in-class privacy compliant storage and access to personal data.
- Help define our development environment, and communicate the best development practices within the organization (i.e. code reviews, testing, monitoring etc).
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science (or similar).
- You have a deep understanding of systems design, algorithms, and data structures.
- Experience with Scala or other JVM-based languages.
- Knowledge of distributed computing technologies for both real-time and batch processing, including Spark, Spark Streaming, Kafka, Kafka Streams, and large scale storage systems.
- Experience working with cloud platforms, preferably Amazon Web Services