Schibsted Media Group is an international media group with 6800 employees in 31 countries. From Mexico to Malaysia, from Brazil to Norway – millions of people interact with Schibsted companies every day. We ensure that new and old sofas can be sold. News reports are read and watched when, where and how consumers want. Carpenters are found through a couple of clicks. Prices are compared and the latest fashion is browsed… these examples are just some of the ways our services empower people all around the world in their daily lives.
Image recognition is essential to many of the services Schibsted offer, for instance to understand what sellers are posting to our marketplaces, to help buyers find specific items they are interested in, or to help journalists find the most relevant images to use in news articles. The Image Recognition team in Schibsted Product & Technology works with solving problems like these and many more.
We are currently looking for an experienced software engineer to join our small team of data scientists and engineers in Oslo and Stockholm. As a member of our team you will be part of developing modern image recognition technologies at scale for Schibsted sites around the world, for a variety of purposes, such as classification, search and discovery, and understanding and moderating content. As part of the Schibsted Product & Technology organization you will also have the opportunity to learn from and share knowledge with other data scientists and engineers across Schibsted. We encourage a diverse, collaborative and creative work environment, where you will develop and push for the state-of-the-art in image recognition at the same time as building reliable and highly scalable services.
- Engineer and implement highly scalable and reliable systems, using the best development practices and tools.
- Help define our development environment, and communicate the best development practices within the organization (i.e. code reviews, testing, etc).
- Continuously monitor the quality of our systems, design measurements to monitor their health (both the engineering systems and data quality).
- Work closely with other teams (Data Science, Product and UX) at Schibsted to drive product development.
- Work closely with data scientists in own team and use machine learning to build and productionize models that power our services
- At least Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics or any quantitative field.
- Experience with development in programming languages such Python, Scala, Java etc.
- Highly experienced in extracting and wrangling data from a variety of sources, e.g. csv, SQL, spark, json etc.
- Some experience with cloud solutions such as AWS, Kubernetes or similar
- Interest in keeping abreast with machine learning and field of image recognition
- Proven track record of shipping technology while dealing with ambiguity, managing cross-team dependencies and relationships
- Familiarity with devops, concurrent/multi-threaded programming, or distributed systems are all advantageous.
- Experience with Spark, TensorFlow, Terraform, etc and familiarity with current state-of-the-art in image processing and recognition is a plus