Schibsted Media Group is an international media group with 6800 employees in 31 countries. From Mexico to Malaysia, from Brazil to Norway – millions of people interact with Schibsted companies every day. We ensure that new and old sofas can be sold. News reports are read and watched when, where and how consumers want. Weather reports are checked with quick online services. Carpenters are found through a couple of clicks. Prices are compared and the latest fashion is browsed… these examples are just some of the ways our services empower people all around the world in their daily lives.
Schibsted Products & Technology is a brand new technology start-up within Schibsted, with offices in London, Stockholm, Barcelona and Oslo. Our philosophy is built on keeping an open mind, challenging ourselves, and the status quo. The goal is to shape the future of our industry. To achieve this we recruit attitude in addition to technical skills. If you are driven, ambitious, not afraid of challenges and thrive on finding new solutions, we want to hear from you. The overall mission of Schibsted Products and Technology is to develop the common global product platforms and technology infrastructure necessary to create data and identity based ecosystems; empowering local entrepreneurs, delighting users, and driving Schibsted’s future growth. With over 250 million monthly active users under our belt, we’re able to harness huge amounts data to provide insights on a global scale. Together with our deep local expertise, we’ve got a winning combination
As an Engineering Manager at Schibsted Products & Technology you lead a team of highly talented individuals. You have management experience, you are relentlessly technical, capable of performing the role of any engineer reporting to you. As with any engineer we hire, the ability to communicate well is crucial, and you lead multiple initiatives with multiple engineers across our different sites order to build world class products.
- Build, lead, and manage a cross-functional engineering team; to deliver, support, and maintain products in our data platform from conception to production.
- Lead by example, write code, push the envelope with innovative thinking.
- Help enforce and continuously improve our software engineering practices, processes, and tools.
- Empower and mentor team members to improve their craft, deliver high quality products, and develop themselves as leaders.
- Work cross functionally to build a great engineering culture within Schibsted.
- Raise awareness of Schibsted Products and Technology within the technology community; through meet-ups, conferences, and open source contributions.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science (or similar).
- Enthusiasm for solving interesting problems; with real intellectual curiosity and generalism.
- Experience growing and leading teams.Ambitious and self driven.
- Ability to dive in and understand deep technical problems as well as comprehend team dynamics.
- Experience working collaboratively with geographically distributed teams (we have hubs in Oslo, London, Barcelona and Stockholm) would be preferable.