Schibsted Media Group is an international media group with 6800 employees in 31 countries. From Mexico to Malaysia, from Brazil to Norway – millions of people interact with Schibsted companies every day. We ensure that new and old sofas can be sold. News reports are read and watched when, where and how consumers want. Weather reports are checked with quick online services. Carpenters are found through a couple of clicks. Prices are compared and the latest fashion is browsed… these examples are just some of the ways our services empower people all around the world in their daily lives.
Schibsted Products & Technology is a brand new technology start-up within Schibsted, with offices in London, Stockholm, Barcelona and Oslo. Our philosophy is built on keeping an open mind, challenging ourselves, and the status quo. The goal is to shape the future of our industry. To achieve this we recruit attitude in addition to technical skills. If you are driven, ambitious, not afraid of challenges and thrive on finding new solutions, we want to hear from you. The overall mission of Schibsted Products and Technology is to develop the common global product platforms and technology infrastructure necessary to create data and identity based ecosystems; empowering local entrepreneurs, delighting users, and driving Schibsted’s future growth. With over 200 million monthly active users under our belt, we’re able to harness huge amounts data to provide insights on a global scale.
In our Digital health team we are now looking for a Senior backend developer who also can take on the Tech lead role and drive the technical excellence going forward. We are a team of 20 people (placed in Sweden and Poland) working 100% with the mission to make the world healthier. This is your chance to be part in the building a new, forceful, and important business area for Schibsted Sweden!
As our Tech lead you will be responsible for the architecture, quality and technical strategy for our current very successful online product Viktklubb as well as new prosperous health products. You will work together with the product manager, developers, UX, test and analyst. You will develop technical solutions to allow new features on site and in apps as well as managing our current customer database. Furthermore; build solutions for personalized customer experiences and communication as well as setting up new health programs to reach new target groups. You will also be the key technical point of contact in the organization for our team. To be successful in this role, we believe you are a true doer and able to toggle between hands on development, sharing knowledge with the team and setting up the architecture for future products/health programs.
The Tech lead’s responsibilities include
- CI/CD, build process
- Ensure technical quality
- Ensure accurate technical competence of other team members
- Make sure team follow tech solution
- Technical pre-studies
- Provide PO/stakeholder technical support regarding the product
- Helping team to get up to speed
- Bring up technical issues with PO/stakeholders
- Responsible for the choice of language frameworks
- Avoid technical debt, and when it appears, be explicit about it
- Ensure surveillance in the production environment (production servers)
- Develop and implement systems using the best development practices and tools
- Provide PO/PL with support around staffing
- Responsible for 2nd/3rd line support
- You’re fluent in multiple development languages (static and dynamic), and interested in learning more
- You have a deep understanding of systems design, algorithms, and data structures
- You have experience developing on Linux
- The cloud is your friend. Experience with AWS, Google Cloud, or any proprietary clouds
- Experience with distributed computing technologies
- Experience with some of the “big data” technologies like Spark, MapReduce, Hadoop, Kafka, Storm, Cassandra, large scale storage systems
- You are comfortable working with multiple stakeholders from different parts of the organization toward a consensus