You may not recognise our name, but Schibsted empower people every day, in every corner of the world.
Schibsted employs 6,800 people across 30 countries worldwide, all dedicated to helping our 200 million users discover, build and connect. Our customers use us to sell new and old sofas, keep up with current affairs, check the weather, find a carpenter, compare prices, follow the latest fashion and so much more! Schibsted Products & Technology or SPT, is a new start-up within Schibsted.
Our brief is to challenge the status quo, keep an open mind and create the tools, platforms and services of tomorrow, so we want attitude as well as technical knowledge. With 200 million monthly active users we are already harnessing huge amounts of data to provide insights on a global scale. We are now building the common global product platforms and technology infrastructure necessary to create data and identity-based ecosystems.
In a Technical Support role, you will leverage your support and troubleshooting skills to investigate and resolve the most technically complex issues our users face, collaborating with Product, Engineering and Operational teams.
As a Schibsted Ads power user, you will field customer and internal escalations, troubleshoot and manage bugs, synthesise user feedback reports and drive process improvements. You are analytically minded, self-starting, detail oriented, and skilled at solving problems and explaining complex issues.
- Be an advocate for our customers in representing their issues to Product Management and Software Engineering and develop innovative ways to resolve issues.
- Demonstrable communication skills, with the ability to talk equally at ease with senior management, ad ops, engineering and external suppliers.
- Diagnose and resolve customer problems for Schibsted Ads Platform products;
- Design and implement new operations, productivity and investigation tools to increase efficiency for Technical Support.
- Obtain and maintain an in-depth understanding of Schibsted product technology and underlying software architectures.
- Work closely with multiple Product Management and Software Engineering teams on understanding ways to improve the product, and interact with our Dev/Ops teams to drive production excellence.
- Liaise with our 3rd party suppliers for issue resolution i.e. AppNexus.
- Industry experience in technical support, professional services or engineering.
- Experience with any bug tracking systems.
- Self starter with an analytical mind
- Interest in and willingness to learn the online advertising business and in internet technology in general